Author Notes: This is an easy dish to prepare and a tasty dish to enjoy. My German by birth friend said it reminded her of home. - ChefShanaRachel
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced with the grain (saute slice)
- 1 small head red cabbage, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup veggie stock
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1/4 cup veg stock to saute
- Heat a high sided skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle bottom with salt and heat for one minute to create a non-stick effect. Add oil or stock and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage, stir in and let wilt slightly, about 3-4 minutes. Add apple and a pinch of salt, stir to combine.
- Add mustard, ground mustard, tahini and apple cider vinegar. Mix in. When thoroughly mixed, add stock and and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced to almost nothing and cabbage is very soft.
- Serve warm