If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy dish to prepare and a tasty dish to enjoy. My German by birth friend said it reminded her of home. - ChefShanaRachel
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced with the grain (saute slice)
- 1 small head red cabbage, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup veggie stock
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 1/4 cup veg stock to saute
- Heat a high sided skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle bottom with salt and heat for one minute to create a non-stick effect. Add oil or stock and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage, stir in and let wilt slightly, about 3-4 minutes. Add apple and a pinch of salt, stir to combine.
- Add mustard, ground mustard, tahini and apple cider vinegar. Mix in. When thoroughly mixed, add stock and and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced to almost nothing and cabbage is very soft.
- Serve warm