If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple recipe makes a zesty compliment to beef or pork dishes. I traditionally serve it with beef tenderloin at Christmas or an Easter ham. Make this up in the morning to allow ingredients to come together before dinner that evening. Leftover cream keeps well in the fridge for several days. Adjust the amount of horseradish to your liking. It gets hotter the longer it sits. I buy the prepared horseradish from the refrigerated deli section in the supermarket. —Lizthechef
Serves 1 generous cup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- chopped chives for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the chives reserved for garnish. Mix well and store in covered container.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.