If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Years ago we had a lovely polish neighbor, who loved sharing her Polish Foods with us. We came to love many of her recipes. This is one of our favorites. It was always on her Easter Table. The Chrzan works perfectly with ham or kielbasa. Even my grandchildren ask "is there any red horseradish" when I serve ham. - GiGi26
Makes 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 2 cups Horseradish (homemade or good quality purchased)
- 1 pound Beets
- Wash and trim beets. Leave the skin on until they are cooked. Beets are much easier to peel after they are cooked.
- Put whole beets in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until beets are tender.
- Drain and cool. After the beets are cool peel and grate.
- In a large bowl mix together brown sugar, horseradish, vinegar and salt.
- Add beets and mix thoroughly.
- Pack in clean sterilized jars. Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.