If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin is such a great base for all kinds of flavor, and adds a wonderful texture to quick breads. We really wanted to kick up this pumpkin bread a notch and added molasses and freshly grated ginger in addition to the usual pumpkin pie spices. - Foxes
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, vegetable oil, molasses, and buttermilk until well combined.
- Add the fresh ginger and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the turbinado sugar with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.