If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is the result of too many avocados and not wanting them to spoil. I decided to try an Asian twist to a traditional guacamole and to further the direction my thoughts were taking me, I baked up some wonton wrappers and topped them with smoked wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. The results were these gorgeous little bites of crunchy heat with the cool buttery salmon as a counterpoint. They would make a great appetizer for a party, but we just ate them as a snack. - TiggyBee
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons pickled sushi ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilatro
- 2 or 3 splashes soy sauce
- a few sprinkles of crushed red chili flakes
- 1 lime
- toasted sesame seeds
- wonton wrappers
- olive oil for brushing
- smoked salmon
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocados coarsely with a fork and fold the remaining ingredients in. When combined, squeeze the lime on top and mix in.
- Preheat the oven to 350. On a baking sheet, fold the wonton wrappers into triangles and place them on sheet. Brush the folded wrappers with olive oil and bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Remove wrappers from oven and allow to cool for a minute or two. Slice the salmon to fit and place it on the wrapper, top with the guacamole and sprinkle the tops with the toasted sesame seeds. Grate more horseradish on top if desired.
- Note: if your sesame seeds aren't toasted, place them in a dry pan and stir them carefully over high heat for a few minutes while the wrappers are baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.