If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Normally I make these little cheese puffs with parmesan and serve them with a warm marinara dipping sauce. This time I used gruyere and filled them with cream cheese, green onionand a little roast beef.. - inpatskitchen
Makes about 25 puffs
For the gougeres
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups finely grated gruyere
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
For the filling
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very finely diced deli roast beef
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- For the filling, thoroughly combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate while making the gougeres.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a saucepan bring the milk and butter to a boil.
- Add the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture rest for a minute.
- Beat in the first egg until fully incorporated.Beat in the second egg.
- Stir in the cheese and horseradish.
- On a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet, drop teaspoons of the mixture about two inches apart. (or pipe them on with a pastry bag fitted with a plain hole)
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- With a sharp paring knife, cut each puff almost in half, leaving a little hinge.
- Fill each puff with about a teaspoon of the filling and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish