If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to have my breakfast for the week all ready to go on Sunday night. For awhile I was on a baked pumpkin oatmeal but this is my newest obsession. I added the blueberries at the end while looking for shredded coconut in my freezer. They turn the amaranth-quinoa mixture into the loveliest purple shade. I heat it up in the morning over low heat on the stove with a bit of extra milk at the bottom and then drizzle it with some maple syrup. When in a frantic hurry I pop into the microwave with some milk at the bottom of the bowl. When out of time completely, I throw it into a jar and bring it with me to work. - testkitchenette
Makes (8) 1/2 cup servings, approximately
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinse in colander first
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped/grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, quinoa, amaranth, orange zest, ginger, salt, and cinnamon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Let it stand for about 5 minutes and stir in the vanilla, blueberries, coconut, and almonds. Serve (drizzle some maple syrup if you'd like) or pack into a container and store in the refrigerator.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.