If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recently I made a recipe that was in Parade Magazine that was a favorite of novelist Dean Koontz. Well, I thought that the recipe was pretty bland (but I loved the roasted corn taste). This is my version that is spiced up and with a few more ingredients. —dymnyno
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound package of frozen corn, or canned, or fresh
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce asiago cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated horseradish
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and butter to a simmer and add the flour. Simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Drain the corn and add to the white sauce. Add the eggs and mix together. (don't worry about the eggs; the cool corn will prevent the eggs from cooking)
- Add the grated asiago and the grated horseradish and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow pan or glass tart pan and spread evenly.Baking this in an iron skillet would also be perfect.
- Bake for about 35 minutes at 375 until the corn starts to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.