If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My farmers market was absolutely brimming with all manner of good things today and I went a little overboard. This means that I need to find some new uses and quickly, or some of my little lovlies will end up in the compost heap. Note to self: start composting, just in case. - TiggyBee - TiggyBee
Food52 Review: This salad showcases summer’s bounty, and adds zip to protein-packed garbanzos with an easy, cumin-and-shallot-spiked dressing over peppery arugula. Choose your greenmarket or garden’s best offerings. I indeed carted this salad, already dressed, to an outdoor spot, and enjoyed it an hour and half later. I kept the container in close proximity to a cold pack, so the contents remained fresh and crisp. On a truly hot picnic day you might otherwise risk wilted greens. This was enough for 4 (maybe 6) as a side, and on its own more than plenty for 2 adults’ harborside lunch. - TiggyBee - janecf
Makes a salad
for the salad
- 1 - 16 oz can garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped small
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and chopped small
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped small
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
for the vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the garbanzo beans to a large bowl and combine them with the small chopped veggies, cilantro and arugula. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette and pour the dressing over the salad. Let stand for at least 1/2 hour before eating and enjoy!