Author Notes: This recipe comes from a few additions and alterations to a simple one-bowl cake found in a vintage cookbook. It uses lavender sugar - 1 tablespoon ground lavender buds + 1 cup of white sugar. - LYKLauren
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups lavender sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, lavender sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine vinegar and baking soda then add the yogurt, lemon zest and butter.
- Slowly incorporate the dry into the wet ingredients. Rinse your blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour into a square cake pan and bake 35-38 minutes.
- Let cool and top with powdered sugar.