If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is how may mohter always made her dumplings. We are of Czech heritage, so I believe this is how the Czechs made their dumplings. As in this and many other things my mother made, she never used a recipe, but I figured out the dumplings so I could pass on the recipe to my children. —Diane Steinberger
Serves 4 (can be multiplied)
- 2 cups Cooked potoes, run through food grinder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Boil whole potatoes with peelings on for 30 minutes.
- Drain; spread on flat pan and let cool completely
- Peel potatoes and run through food grinder. Measure by packing ground potatoes into 2-cup measure. (Can make any multiples of recipes depending on quantity desired.)
- Combine potatoes, flour and salt in large bowl. Mix completely by hand. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Form into baseball-sized rounds; packing tightly.
- Meanwhile, bring large kettle of water to the boil; add dumplings; bring back to boil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from water with slotted spoon and serve. Goes great with with saurkraut, pork chops and gravy
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.