If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a Theo Randall recipe and the best pizza dough recipe I have tried (and I've tried many). It's a wet dough so I just make sure to flour the worktop well when kneading i,t even though the recipe says to lightly flour it. It also freezes really well and tastes just as good when defrosted. - jen_c
Serves 4 bases
- 350 milliliters lukewarm water
- 4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried active yeast or 1 sachet of dried yeast
- mix together the warm water, yeast and half the flour and leave to rise in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to a dough with a wooden spoon. Tip it onto a lightly floured board and knead for 10-15 minutes until you have a smooth dough
- Rub the dough with olive oil to prevent a crust forming, place in a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place for about 2 hours of until doubled in size.
- Knock the dough back, cover again and let it rise for another 40 minutes.
Tags: pizza dough