Author Notes: This meal tastes better outside (with a spritzy class of wine in your hand). - apartmentcooker
- 4 pork chops
- olive oil, as needed for brushing
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 basket mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- fresh chopped thyme, to taste
- Brush the pork chops with olive oil, and season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Set aside and begin to heat the grill/grill pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to simmer until the liquid mostly evaporates, about 10-15 minutes. It will still have enough liquid to be saucy, but the broth will have reduced and have bolder flavor. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Meanwhile, grill the pork chops until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes (or more, depending on thickness). Serve with sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms