If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love love love mushrooms, so when I first tasted a creamy mushroom soup from Whole Foods I had to create my own recipe and here it is!!! MANGIA!!!
Note: I used a non-fat liquid plain yogurt but you can use a plain greek yogurt or substitute heavy cream or half-and-half.
Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh basil. Eat with a sleeve of Ritz crackers or use freshly toasted garlic bread as a utensil! —misschels
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole carrot, finely diced
- 1 whole stalk of celery, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 16 ounces package of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 16 ounces cans tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 16 ounces non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
- Dice the carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Toss the carrot and celery into the pot and allow them to soften.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the mushrooms. (Don't forget to rinse them first).
- Add the garlic as the carrots and celery begin to cook down.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and allow them to reduce and soften.
- Pour the cabernet, and let it cook with the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and vegetable broth and bring to a boil for 5 minutes before adding the yogurt.
- After adding the yogurt, reduce the heat to a soft boil.
- Add the parmesan to the pot and allow to cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and blended with the soup.
- Add the cornstarch to the water, mix, and the pour the mixture into the soup.
- Lower the heat and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes or so, until thickened.
- Salt and pepper the soup to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.