Author Notes: This is a simple, straightforward method for preparing morels which maximizes enjoyment of their flavor. - Janetxb
- 2# fresh morel mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Gather 2# of fresh morels. Bring them home right away. Rinse gently and pat dry. Slice vertically into quarters and set aside.
- Thinly slice 4 fat cloves of garlic. Saute for two minutes over medium heat in 3 T unsalted butter and 1 T extra virgin olive oil.
- Add morels to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until most of the liquid has evaporated and the morels are tender. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms