If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple, straightforward method for preparing morels which maximizes enjoyment of their flavor. —Janetxb
- 2# fresh morel mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Gather 2# of fresh morels. Bring them home right away. Rinse gently and pat dry. Slice vertically into quarters and set aside.
- Thinly slice 4 fat cloves of garlic. Saute for two minutes over medium heat in 3 T unsalted butter and 1 T extra virgin olive oil.
- Add morels to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until most of the liquid has evaporated and the morels are tender. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
By the Book
How to cook like the leading ladies of literature
Eat like your favorite literary heroines,
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A different kind of tomato dish.
The chicest apron around.