If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe one day when I was looking through my fridge and cupbards for lunch. I found a sunflower bun, mozzarella and mushrooms. My love for bread goes very far and deep so I thought this combination would be just the right mix. I was able to fill up on a generous veggie sandwich that took no longer than 10 minutes to make.
You could spread pesto on the bun before covering it with mushrooms and mozzarella to add some extra flavor or sprinkle balsamic dressing over the top for a bit of zing. - Joy Jones
- 1 cup Sliced Brown Mushrooms
- 10 thick slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Sunflower Seed Bun
- Cut your sunflower seed bun in half.
- Place mushrooms on each slice of the bun. Covering the bread so you can only see brown mushrooms.
- cover the mushrooms with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the toaster oven for 5-7 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted.
- Take out of the toaster oven and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad