If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a healthy, low cal recipe from Fitness Magazine, I adapted this recipe using pumpkins and squash from my local farmer's market. —maggie531
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 15 ounces can of solid pack pumpkin or 2 cups fresh roasted pumpkin & squash puree
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, saute jalapeño in hot olive oil until just tender (about one minute). Gently stir in broth, pumpkin and lime juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add cilantro and simmer for five minutes. Stir in maple syrup or honey and garnish with toasted pumbpkin seeds and a sprig of cilantro.
- *Note: I roasted a cheese pumpkin to use in the puree and to serve as the soup bowl. Then roasted two miniature pumpkins and two sugar dumpling squash to add to the puree. The two small pumpkins served as the soup cups.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.