If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to use almonds or my homemade almond paste in pie crusts, cake layers, and fillings.
To make this cake for Passover use instead of butter margarine, instead of all-purpose flour Matzah Cake Meal, instead of baking powder 4eggs separated, and beat the whites with ½ a cup sugar and yolks also with ½ a cup. Instead of milk or cream I use almond milk or orange juice.
I also now days like more to use oils instead of extracts; they add more natural taste and fragrant. You may fine the oils in European delis.
Ingredients for the cake:
- • 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 (12.5 oz can) Almond Paste
- • 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.; Grease and flour10 inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan. Mix well all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time; continue whisking till each is fully incorporated. Stir in the Almond Paste.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Mix until blended. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake taster inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove carefully from pan and cool completely on the rack.
- • 1 cup powdered sugar
- • 2 tablespoons light cream
- • ½ teaspoon almond oil or extract
- To make the Glaze; Stir powdered sugar, cream, and almond oil or extract in a bowl until blended and smooth. Spoon or drizzle over the top of the cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.