Author Notes: This was something my mom used to make for me as a kid. I recently re-made it for Charcutepalooza by making the English muffins from scratch and smoking my own Canadian bacon. It's the perfect combination of sweet/salty, and melty/crunchy. I like it just as much today as I did when I was a kid. - Dabblings
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 English muffin; halved
- 2 slices of Canadian bacon (or you can just use 4 slices of bacon; two on each sandwich half)
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 2 slices of American cheese (yellow or white)
- Toast the English muffin.
- While the English muffin is toasting heat the Canadian bacon in a small frying pan.
- Assemble the sandwich in the following order; English muffin, Canadian bacon, pineapple slice, American cheese. Repeat with the other English muffin half.
- Place sandwich in toaster oven or under a broiler until the cheese is melted. This will take a minute or two. Serve immediatly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner