If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from my book I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti where I call it Healthy Penne. I made it for my boyfriend Ethan Binder, but my mother invented it. It is delicious hot or cold. - Giulia Melucci
Serves 4, as main course
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins, plumped in hot water and drained
- 1/2 cup waluts, chopped and toasted
- 1 pound penne
- Freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets, discard the stalks.
- In a skillet large enough to hold the pasta and broccoli heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add garlic and red pepper.
- When the garlic is golden, add the broccoli, 1/2 cup of water, raisins, and a big pinch of salt. Saute for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until very al dente, drain, and add to the penne in the skillet, cook over low heat for one minute. Turn off heat, add a splash of fresh olive oil and the walnuts. Serve in warm bowls, Pass the parmigiano at table.