Author Notes: Martini purists will sniff that the only resemblance this drink has to a classic martini is that it uses vodka and is served in a cocktail glass (which is good enough for me). Plus, it gave me an excuse to make another batch of Meyer Lemon-infused Vodka from my Muddied Meyer Martini recipe! Woohoo!! - wssmom
Meyer Lemon-infused Vodka
- 4-5 Meyer Lemons, cut into chunks
- A fifth of decent vodka
- Put lemons in a wide-mouthed jar with a lid, add vodka, and put in the refrigerator for a couple of days.Use leftovers to make Muddied Meyer Martinis or Blood Marys.
- 3 ounces cold espresso
- 3 ounces Meyer Lemon-infused vodka
- 2 ounces coffee liquor, such as Kahlua
- Simple syrup, to taste
- Strain vodka into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice, and add espresso and coffee liquor. Shake briskly for a few seconds, and taste. If it's not sweet enough for you, add a teaspoon or so of simple syrup. Shake again, strain into 2 chilled cocktail glasses, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee