- 2 pound unripe mangoes
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 cup Garlic
- 5 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp asafoetida powder
- ¼ cup salt
- Wash mangoes and dry thoroughly. Cut into 8 to 12 pieces each and discard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking. Lower heat, sprinkle in spice powders and salt, and mix well.
- Add mangoes, and garlic mix well and remove from heat.
- Cool and place in an airtight jar in the sun for 4 days
- Use after a month
- Variation: Rub mangoes with half the salt and place in the sun for 3 days. Continue as the given above.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe