If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: When one of my daughters would bring anywhere from 5-20 hungry counselors on their only night off from Sea Gull to our beach cottage; I would serve a huge pot of boiled shrimp,just shucked corn, tomato pie, and blueberry cobbler for desert. They were so appreciative and loved the pie. You can switch out cheeses, make your own crust, add spinach-but when serving a crowd the following recipe holds true. - Anna Ball Hodge
- 1 Deep Dish pie crust or roll out pie crust
- 8 Medium tomatos
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried basil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Duke's mayonaisse
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Chop tomatoes to quarters size and let drain.
- Cut up fresh oregano and basil if needed.
- Layer tomatoes on the pie crust, then sprinkle oregano and basil.
- Mix cheese, mayo and onion and glob on top of dish.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly at 350 degrees.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For