If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Grandma was a sensational chef and everything she touched seemed to taste a thousand times better than if any one else had tried to make it. Although I can only remember her making this once for me when I was very young, it was an eye opening meal that sparked my passion in food. My mom still makes it on special occasions as well, but my mind always goes back to that first time. This is one of those recipes that is covered in stains and is barely legible, and now my photocopy has even more stains added to it. I have only made two slight variations: I prefer to use frozen shrimp because it generally comes peeled and deviened, and I use a seafood stock instead of chicken because I feel it highlights the main ingredient.
PS: my camera does not want to work, but just makes for a great excuse to use this adorable picture! —truegrits
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1.5 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese
- 10 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1.5 pounds frozen medium shrimp, peeled
- In a large, heavy pot, heat oil and butter and saute onion until pale gold.
- Heat broth to a simmer in another pot.
- Add rice to onion. Stir to coat with oil. Toast for about 1 minute.
- Pour in wine and let the rice absorb.
- Add tomatoes with a little salt and pepper.
- Add a ladle of broth, about 1/3cup and stir until rice has absorbed it. Continue to do this until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, cheese, basil, and shrimp.
- Cover pot and let rest for a couple of minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.