Author Notes: I was out picking lilacs for my bedside table and found myself wondering what I could make with lilacs. I made a lilac simple syrup and the next thought I had was for this lilac martini. Break out the glasses and come celebrate spring. - Dabblings
Makes 1 cocktail
Lilac Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lilac blossoms
- Combine the water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to disolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat and add the fresh lilac blossoms. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a container. This can be saved in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2-2 ounce lilac simple syrup
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Add vodka and lilac simple syrup to the shaker.
- Shake it like you mean it.
- Pour martini into a glass. Garnish with freah lilac blossoms. Serve immediatly. Cheers!