If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, fresh, crunchy, almost healthy. What is not to like. I make this for a simple dinner with rice, a good side dish or platter for a meat main or a lunch for the little one. - jwolfsthal
Serves 2, maybe
- 1 cup Zucchini cut into match sticks
- .5 cups flour (AP), rice or spelt
- .5 cups water, plus 1 TBSP
- 1 tablespoon Miso, or light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hot sauce
- .25 cups green onion
- salt and pepper
- mix flour, water and miso a let sit for 15 minutes.
- add oil to cast iron pan (only the best) and sautee zucchini on medium high heat - try to keep them lined up but not critical. add green onion.
- add batter and tip pan to ensure even spread over and around zucchini - shake pan a bit.
- don't touch. leave until you can see the batter cooked through at the edges, swirl pan to loosen
- turn (or flip) and press down with spatula and cook until brown on bottom.
- flip once more, let crisp up
- turn onto cutting board, cut into squares and serve with soy dipping sauce or hot sauce. Serve with Rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner