If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am new to the contest and I submitted a wrong recipe by clicking the submit button too fast.... anyway, here is the contest recipe for this week.
This simple cuttlefish dish is fast and delicious to cook up. It can be served as an appetizer, mixed with green as a salad or served with rice as a main course. Cuttlefish doesn't have a whole lot of flavor in its own, the marinade and the sauce play an important role in enchancing it's original sweetness. The key to a tenderness texture is to cook briefly over high heat so that it will not become rubbery. —angelcafe
- 1 whole cuttlefish
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon miced shallot
- 1/4 cup mango juice
- 1/4 cup seafood stock
- 1/4 cup diced mango (optional)
- a few drops lemon juice (optional)
- Clean and pat dry the cuttlefish and rub with sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle cooking oil on a grill pan. When the pan is hot enough, grill the cuttlefish in high heat, presentation side down, for 4 to 5 minutes, turn once. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the cooking oil. Add the shallot and the garlic, cook, stirr often, until the shallot is translucent and the garlic is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the mango juice and the stock, cook until the sauce is thicken. Add green onion and the diced mango (optional). Season the sauce with salt and black pepper. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to enchance the flavor of the dish.
- Gently pour the sauce to the cuttlefish. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.