If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a springtime juxtaposition of some jewel-like cherry plums and fresh green beans at my farmers market. The two complemented each other in a lightly pickled bean salad. Cherry plums are small red fruit with a sweet, floral flavor; mirabelles or other small plums would also work well. The warm vinegar dressing for the beans extracted some of the sweet plum flavor and turned a lovely pink color. The salad makes a nice accompaniment for smoked salmon tartines. - Fairmount_market
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 10 small plums
- 2 handfuls salad greens
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- Trim the beans and blanch them in salted boiling water until they are just cooked but still retain some crunch.
- Cut the plumbs into halves or quarters, removing the stones.
- Heat the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a small sauce pan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Toss the beans in the hot vinegar dressing, and then stir in the plums. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Plate salad greens, layer on the beans and plums, garnish with fresh chopped chives, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.