If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Normally I make asparagus bundles with prosciutto, but I ordered some prosciutto-like ham from Kentucky and thought that it would be perfect for a Derby Day vegetable dish to go with our fish.
The ham is a little smokier tasting than prosciutto and with a little squeeze of grilled lemon over the bundles, very nice change of flavor. - ibbeachnana
- Thin asparagus spears enough for 4 servings about 12 ounces, divided into 4 bundles
- Very thin slices of country ham
- Salt, pepper and a little minced fresh thyme
- Lemon wedges drizzled with a little olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Blanch the asparagus for a couple of minutes and shock in ice water, drain and then dry on paper towels. Wrap the bundles with country ham slices. Spritz bundles with EVOO and season.
- You can heat up your range grill, outdoor grill, or in my case I used the Cuisinart Griddler as I wasn't going to grill just 4 lonely bundles on a huge grill and I probably would have lost most of the lemon wedges through the grates. Add the prepared bundles and lemon wedges to the grill surface, look for good grill marks, turn and grill the other side, plate and serve with lemon wedges and shaved Parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.