If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make a raw salad that would be a little different. I also had baby artichokes, but I liked the texture of the raw asparagus better for this.
It also makes fantastic leftovers the next morning, just put a little on top of a buttered, toasted piece of nice bread or brioche and top with a poached or fried egg and a little more of the vinaigrette. - CRS - Meatballs&Milkshakes
Food52 Review: The bright woodsy flavor of asparagus is sometimes lost once it's cooked -- this salad preserves that flavor and the long ribbons give each bite a wholesome crunch. Get out your best vegetable peeler. It does double duty here: first with the asparagus and next with the parmesan cheese. The hazelnuts echo the richness of the cheese and mint gives the salad a little zing. We like zing! - A&M - A&M
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 handful toasted, crushed hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan or pecorino shavings
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise to create strips. Toss with the hazelnuts and mint.
- Wisk together lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Pour over asparagus and mix with salt and pepper to taste. Shave parmegiano or pecorino on top.
- Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe Contest Winner!