Author Notes: I could have submitted any number of pea recipes, but I stayed simple once again with a bright and fresh tasting bowl of fresh peas. - ibbeachnana
- 4 cups of fresh shelled and rinsed peas
- A Tablespoon or so of butter
- 1 Meyer lemon, quartered and grilled
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- Sprinkling of salt
- Grill the lemon quarters and then saute for a few minutes in about a tablespoon EVOO. You can saute the lemon quarters without grilling them, but be prepared for splatters.
- Cook the peas until they are just tender and still bright green, drain and put them into a serving dish, drizzle with the lemon oil and add the butter, gently turning the peas to coat, sprinkle with a little salt. Garnish with lemon wedges, one for each person for a touch more lemon flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe