If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to side dish recipe when serving lamb. When the legacy contest was posted a few weeks ago, this was my mother's first recommendation. When I didn't make it at Easter because I was doing ham instead of lamb, there were cries of foul, but I never post my menu ahead of time...they'll just appreciate it more next week.
If you are lucky enough to tramp around for the wild ramps (wink. wink ; to mrslarkin), then keep an eye out for some lavender buds and throw those on the lamb. If you are just "tramping around" the market, stop in the fresh herb section. When you get to the potatoes, you can substitute any variety of baby potatoes, I like the baby yukons but have substituted what is available. Plan on 3-4 potatoes per person. Any leftovers (doubtful, but still...) make an excellent hash base the next morning. —lorigoldsby
- 12 baby potatoes, I used baby yukons
- 1 bunch ramps (out of season substitute green onions)
- olive oil
- kosher salt and coarse pepper
- 1 rosemary spike
- 6 greek olives
- 1 ounce aged parmeseano-reggiano, shaved
- 1 bunch pea shoots
- Wash and quarter baby potatoes and place in a metal baking tray. Drizzle olive oil to coat and season with kosher salt and coarse pepper. remove rosemary leaves from the stem and crush/sprinkle on top. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Slice olives, discard pits.
- Remove hunk of good quality parmesean that you keep hidden in the back of the fridge. Prepare approximately 2 dozen curls/shavings with a vegetable peeler.
- Clean and dry ramps. If you are grilling lamb, toss ramps on the grill whole until nicely charred and then slice. If you are indoor bound, saute the ramps quickly, chop long ends of the greens and dice the white part.
- Toss all ingredients together. Drizzle a little extra olive oil on top. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.