Author Notes: I created this recipe to replace tortilla chips with something tasty and crunchy that also packs a healthy punch. I eat it at lunch, but it also makes a great snack or a lovely side dish at dinner. The chopping is almost a form of meditation. I make a big batch to last the whole week. For a change of pace, you can sprinkle some chunky chat masala spice (from the Indian store) instead of the coriander . I put coriander seeds into a pepper grinder which grinds super fresh, fragrant coriander. - LeslieAnn
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 Jicama diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 small carrots diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Juice two large lemons into a large bowl (strain for pits).
- Stir in the agave nectar and coriander.
- Dice each of the vegetables and the apple into small pieces and add to the lemon juice mixture. Add the corn.
- Mix in craisins.
- Stir in cilantro if desired.
- This recipe becomes more delicious after it has steeped in the juice for a few hours and the flavors meld.