If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe to replace tortilla chips with something tasty and crunchy that also packs a healthy punch. I eat it at lunch, but it also makes a great snack or a lovely side dish at dinner. The chopping is almost a form of meditation. I make a big batch to last the whole week. For a change of pace, you can sprinkle some chunky chat masala spice (from the Indian store) instead of the coriander . I put coriander seeds into a pepper grinder which grinds super fresh, fragrant coriander. —LeslieAnn
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 Jicama diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 small carrots diced
- 1 large celery stalk diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Juice two large lemons into a large bowl (strain for pits).
- Stir in the agave nectar and coriander.
- Dice each of the vegetables and the apple into small pieces and add to the lemon juice mixture. Add the corn.
- Mix in craisins.
- Stir in cilantro if desired.
- This recipe becomes more delicious after it has steeped in the juice for a few hours and the flavors meld.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.