If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 tsp black mustard seed
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 6 cloves
- 2 pieces cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 2-3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 pound eggplant halved
- 1 cup dried dates pitted
- 3 cup onion sliced
- 2 cup tomato diced`
- Sun flower oil for frying
- Salt and turmeric for marinating
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup water(boil 1 cup of it)
- Marinate the halved eggplant in salt and turmeric so the water drain
- Shallow fry the eggplant ,dates and onions in inch of oil
- Grind the curry powder , then add the garlic and white vinegar and grind to make the masala .Add chili powder into finished masala.
- Heat 2 tbsp of fresh oil in a pan and add 1 sprig of curry leaf into the hot oil
- Turn of the flame and add the masala along with ½ a cup of water, Then return it to the flame.
- Stair in the tomatoes scrape the bottom of the pan cook it down a bit. then add a heaping tsp of salt .Let it really brake up and cook it down for about 10 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar and cook for about 2 minute.
- Stair in the fried eggplant ,then turn the flame off. Stir in the onions and dates.
- Add I cup boiling water, then add another tbsp of sugar and about 1tsp of salt to taste
- Simmer until the oil separate and floats on top .DO NOT LET OT BOIL
- Then take it off the flame and serve
Tags: sweet and savory
Travel Like Anthony Bourdain
Tips for when you visit parts unknown.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Mother's Day Baking Projects
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.