If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Only a few tips. One never fill a vessel more than a third full of oil when deep frying. Two, woks make great vessels for deep frying. Three, do not us a metal spatula or it will instantly stick to the eggs and not release. Finally my wife and I often share this with one or two other Asian-inspired dishes. - thirschfeld - thirschfeld
Food52 Review: I think I just found my new favorite spring comfort food. Who would have thought that four ingredients could be transformed into something this sublime? It comes together in a "blink of an eye" while celebrating the distinctive flavors of asparagus and ramps. The addition of oyster sauce pulls it all together and creates a lip-smacking sauce. To provide more substance I served it over a bowl of brown rice, but if you wanted a lighter snack, serve as is. - sticksnscones - sticksnscones
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 asparagus spears, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, about 1/2 a cup
- 3 to 4 ramps, whites parts only, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup non flavored oil, I used safflower
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- kosher salt
- Place the wok with 1 inch of oil in the bottom over high heat. Place a two cup metal bowl next to the wok.
- Gently crack the eggs into another small bowl. When the oil is hot and shimmering lower the bowl down to the oil and gently slide them into the oil being careful not to get your hand to near.
- They will crackle and bubble. If the stick a little you will want to loosen them with a wooden spatula. When the bottoms have taken on some color carefully pour out most of the oil into the two cup metal bowl.
- By now the eggs should be set. Place them onto a plate. Put the wok back over the heat and add the asparagus and the ramps. If need be add a little oil from the two cup bowl.
- Cook the veggies just until the ramps soften but the asparagus is still crisp tender. Place the veggies on top of the eggs, drizzle with oyster sauce and serve
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Chop to It
Salad with one rule: chop it real good.
Let's get chopping.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
Rock the roast.
This is poppin'.