Author Notes: 3 ingredients, classic comfort to end a weekend, especially in the fall and winter on the Great Plains. Follow with a brandy. - ericjallison
- 1 Potato per person
- 1 pound Beef sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter per person
- 1 large egg per person
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for one hour. When cool enough to handle, split and scoop potato from skin(s) into cast iron or oven-proof skillet (I like to chop the skin and add it to the mix myself but that's optional). Top with a tablespoon or two of butter
- Slice sausage into rounds and add to skillet, distributing throughout the potato.
- Top with a egg for each of you.
- Place back in that same ready--to-go oven, baking until egg white is set or longer to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner