If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious pasta dish inspired by creations from 2Amys Restaurant in DC and a Martha Stewart recipe.
It becomes even richer when you add bacon to the pasta or it is wonderful if you just serve the cauliflower as a side dish. Martha serves it with roasted salmon and 2Amys fries the cauliflower and then soaks it in olive oil as a tapas style dish. I add it to pasta. Yum, yum, yum!
Serves 2 hungry people
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6-8 anchovy fillets (use up to the whole small tin of anchovies)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons anchovy oil (from tin of anchovies), or oilve oil
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 2 handfuls Thin spaghetti, or enough for two
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh italian parsley (use dried to be cheaper if you have it on hand)
- optional, Parmesan cheese!
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients on a cutting board and roughly chop into a chunky paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture into a large bowl, add oils (anchovy and olive).
- Cut florets off head of cauliflower. Add florets to the mixture and toss to combine.
- Place mixed florets onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange evenly into a single layer.
- Place in oven and roast cauliflower until softened and slightly blackened on edges and tips, 25-30 minutes depending on oven strength.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package.
- Chop fresh Italian parsley and set aside.
- When the pasta and the cauliflower have finished cooking, add pasta to a large serving bowl and combing with roasted cauliflower mixture. Top with chopped parsley and drizzle olive oil on top to taste. Serve Parmesan cheese on the side if desired.
- Additional Options: Dish is also delicious (and higher in calories) when bacon is added. If you want to try this, fry 2-4 pieces of bacon in a pan until crisp. This can be done while the pasta is cooking. When cooked, chop up bacon and add to pasta when you combine the roasted cauliflower mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Recipe of the Day
Ooh la la, it's savory French toast.
Recipe of the Day
Shop our Father's Day collection.
All the spring pastabilities.
These chips are a little chili.
That was a close shave.