Author Notes: Just a "Hamburger Helper" concoction for what I had in the house to feed a crowd cheaply. I cut this down to 4 servings for a complete meal. - loubaby
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Asian Chili Oil or Paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound vermicelli, cooked al dente
- Combine beef and 1 Tbl soy sauce. Heat a large skillet or wok until hot over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbl oil. Cook beef until browned, about 4 minutes; drain.
- Reheat skillet and add remaining 1 Tbl oil and cook cabbage, garlic, ginger and green onions 1 to 2 minutes til only crisp tender, stirring frequently. Add peanut butter,chili oil, broth and remaining soy sauce; bring to boil and then simmer 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add vermicelli and beef back to skillet; mix lightly and heat until hot. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner