If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Worth the time investment. Excellent in salads, sandwiches and even in chicken dishes. - Cordelia
Makes about 3 cups
- 6 very fresh smooth looking lemons
- 4-5 lemons for juice
- 5 Peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons salt
- 4 Bay leaf
- Cut the lemons, with skin, to rounds about 1/2 cm thick.
- Clean the lemon slices from seeds.
- Mix the salt and the paprika in a plate. Deep every lemon slice in the mixture and then arrange in a jar as tight as possible.
- Sprinkle the garlic between layers. Add the bay leaf and the peppercorns in between the slices.
- Pour lemon juice on top of the slices, so they all be submerged in the juice (add a bit of water if you don't have enough juice).
- On top put the peels of the squeezed lemons to protect from mold.
- Seal the jar very well and let it seat outside the fridge for about 2 days. Turn the jar over couple of times during the two days.
- After two days keep in the fridge for few weeks. Ready after about 4-5 days.
- Good for about 4 weeks in the fridge, covered in lemon juice and a bit of oil on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift