If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since it's spring and rhubarb is in abundance, I decided to try using it in a savory way (not that there's anything wrong with rhubarb custard pie, quite the contrary!). I wanted to balance the tart with some sweet, though, and mangoes came to mind. The result is a very fresh, flavorful and pretty salad. —BlueKaleRoad
Serves 4 generously
- 3/4 pound rhubarb, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocadoes, diced
- 4 ounces pistachios, toasted
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss the rhubarb, 1 tablespoon olive oil and honey in a bowl. Spread evenly on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 8-9 minutes until soft but still holding its shape. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, tear up the head of butter lettuce. Add the mangoes, green onions, avocadoes, pistachios and cooled rhubarb.
- In a covered glass jar or small bowl, shake or whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, mint, salt and pepper together until emulsified.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve.