If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I see a recipe on a cooking show or read one, I get eager to make it right a way, and even if I don’t have all of the components, I will make with what ever I have.
Yesterday I was watching Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn.
She had a guest and he cooked a side dish with sautéed radicchio and endive, as a base and chickpeas with walnuts on top.
I didn’t have radicchio or endive, that is why I made it with spinach, and add this side dish to my dinner menu.
The whole Mane dish cost about 8-10 dollars. There were six of us at the dinner table.
- • 1 large split chicken breast (on the bone and with the skin on)
- • 6 medium-small red-skin potatoes cut in half lengthwise
- • 1 medium head cauliflower (separated and large florets cut in half)
- • 1 medium size bag spinach
- • 1(15-oz) can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- • ¾ cup of walnuts half’s
- • 4 large garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- • pure olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon butter for sautéing spinach
- • 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- • 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl combine salt, black pepper, paprika and Herbs de Provence (this mixture is the seasoning for the whole dish). Season the chicken breasts all over and under the skin; cut 2 cloves of garlic in half and push it under the skin.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the olive oil on top. In a large bowl season potatoes and pour 1 tablespoon oil. Transfer to a large roasting pan.
- In the same bowl repeat the same with the cauliflower. Orange the cauliflower next to potatoes (both cauliflower and potatoes should make one layer).
- Put chicken breasts on top, cover the whole pan with foil and transfer to the middle wrack of the oven. Bake covered for 30 minutes, bake the breasts for 15 more minutes, and get them out to rest. Bake the vegetables for a few more minutes until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a smaller skillet, add remaining garlic clove with a tablespoon of olive oil. As garlic browns, add chickpeas and the 3/4 cup of walnuts. Season with the seasoning mixture, and stir. Cook for 3 minutes, until chickpeas are heated through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté 1clove of chopped garlic with about 1 tablespoon of oil. When garlic is beginning to slightly brown, throw in the spinach. Season and add the 1 tablespoon butter. Stir the spinach and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, squeeze in some lemon juice.
- To assemble; take-of the skin from the chicken breasts and discard the bones. Cut diagonally and orange in the middle of a large platter. All the other components orange as you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.