Author Notes: I found a recipe using mayo and garlic to roast potatoes years ago, and was inspired to try the same using homemade aioli. - Hummusit
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 medium-large potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, mustard, yolks, lemon juice, and water, and mix well.
- Using a mixer, add the olive oil slowly, spoonful by spoonful. The mixer should be set at medium speed, until the aioli thickens.
- Slice the potatoes, approximately 6-7 mm thick.
- In a baking pan, add aioli to to coat the potatoes generously. Arrange the slices in an overlapping layer, and sprinkle with [coarse] salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil, and bake in a hot oven for 1 hour. After an hour check to make sure the potatoes are cooked, then bake uncovered to brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli