Author Notes: Springtime in Maine means freshly picked Jonah crabmeat. It is sweet and so delicious and there is nothing better than a crabcake made with aioli! - Lydiac
Aioli with herbs and garlic
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- Place egg yolk, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and herbs in food processor.
- Turn on the processor and slowly add the oil in a fine stream. When you have finished adding the oil, add the lemon juice to taste and more salt and pepper if needed.
Crabcakes with freshly picked crabmeat and herb aioli
- 1 pound Crab meat
- 3/4 cups crushed crackers or toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup aioli with herbs and garlic
- couple of grinds of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put the egg, mustard, aioli, crumbs, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the crab meat, mixing lightly with a fork.
- Divide the mixture into four and form into patties.
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle and cook the crabcakes for about 6-7 minutes per side at a medium hot heat.
- Serve on a bed of fresh salad greens with a nice dollop of the herbed aioli on top and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli