Author Notes: I like using Israeli Quinoa instead of Cous-Cous for a variation of this one. - Do it Like Dana
- 1 cup Israeli Cous-Cous
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 5 Cardamom Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 4 tablespoons Oil of your choice or Ghee
- 1 Small Shallot Minced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 10 give or take Dried Apricots
- 1/4 cup Pistachios chopped and toasted
- 1 Bunch Dandelion Greens
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toast the couscous, cardamom and mustard seeds in 1-tablespoon olive oil till golden brown. Add 2 cups of water bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer until all the water is evaporated. Remove from heat and Remove all the cardamom seeds from the Couscous
- Chop up greens into small pieces being sure to rinse any dirt off of them let dry.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, curry powder, and apricots. Let cook until the shallots are clear and apricots are softer then when you started. Remove from heat
- With the remaining oil add the garlic and a pinch of salt cook until soft but not brown, add the greens. Cook Greens until wilted. Add the curry mixture to the greens and mix until combined.
- Mix the Couscous and greens together until evenly coated with the curry mixture. Garnish with Pistachios.
- Can be eaten as a hot side or cold salad.
Tags: Israeli Cous Cous