If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like using Israeli Quinoa instead of Cous-Cous for a variation of this one. - Do it Like Dana
- 1 cup Israeli Cous-Cous
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 5 Cardamom Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 4 tablespoons Oil of your choice or Ghee
- 1 Small Shallot Minced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 10 give or take Dried Apricots
- 1/4 cup Pistachios chopped and toasted
- 1 Bunch Dandelion Greens
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toast the couscous, cardamom and mustard seeds in 1-tablespoon olive oil till golden brown. Add 2 cups of water bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer until all the water is evaporated. Remove from heat and Remove all the cardamom seeds from the Couscous
- Chop up greens into small pieces being sure to rinse any dirt off of them let dry.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, curry powder, and apricots. Let cook until the shallots are clear and apricots are softer then when you started. Remove from heat
- With the remaining oil add the garlic and a pinch of salt cook until soft but not brown, add the greens. Cook Greens until wilted. Add the curry mixture to the greens and mix until combined.
- Mix the Couscous and greens together until evenly coated with the curry mixture. Garnish with Pistachios.
- Can be eaten as a hot side or cold salad.
Tags: Israeli Cous Cous