If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very flexible recipe with a spice cake base and streusel topping. You can make this with any combination of fruits and/or berries: Rhubarb, strawberries, blueberries, cherries - knock yourself out. - Burnt Offerings
- 3 cups chopped fruit: rhubarb (or strawberries, blueberries, cherries, you get the idea)
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 TBL) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with baking rack in the middle. Spray an 8X8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chopped fruit and confectioner's sugar in a bowl and mix well, set aside.
- Mix together dry batter ingredients: cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, salt, flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and the butter with an electric beater until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and milk in two batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and shake to distribute batter evenly.
- Scatter fruit and sugar mixture on top of batter, distributing well.
- In a small bowl, mix all the streusel ingredients except the butter together, and combine well.
- Add the butter in pieces to the streusel mixture, incorporating it with your fingers until it creates a crumb like texture.
- Sprinkle streusel topping on fruit - distributing equally.
- Bake at 350' for about 45-50 minutes until a tester placed in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving,.
- Refrigerate after serving. Freezes well.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.