If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally made this to be served with gin for a cocktail party I threw for a friend's birthday. It's also great without the gin, though; the a dash of apple cider vinegar gives it a tangy kick. The frozen blueberries will keep the drink colder longer, adding their sweetness gradually to the drink as they thaw. They make a nice sweet crunch to nibble when you're finished!
This can be made with either club soda or ginger ale. I prefer it with club soda, but some people prefer the drink a bit sweeter. - Syronai —beyondcelery
Food52 Review: Imagine it's 100º with 90 humidity; the air is still and sodden. You are hot and sticky, and even breathing requires effort. What you need is a nice, cold drink. You whip up a batch of Cucumber Fennel Fizz. It is the perfect blend of tangy and refreshing. The cucumber is the standout flavor with a hint of fennel in the background. The lime juice and vinegar add a nicely sour edge. The fizz makes everything livelier. You feel invigorated; you can once again face the world. Thanks, Syronai, for a perfect summer cooler! - hardlikearmour —hardlikearmour
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 inch fresh fennel
- 1 can club soda or ginger ale
- 2 short stalks fresh fennel for garnish
- 10 frozen blueberries
- 3 ounces gin (optional)
- Skin cucumber, cut into 4 chunks, and toss into blender.
- Add lime juice, apple cider vinegar, ice, and 1-inch fresh fennel. Add gin if using. Blend until smooth and foamy, about 2 minutes. Don't be tempted to add more liquid unless your cucumber is exceptionally dry and it refuses to blend. (In which case add a dash of soda.)
- Share the cucumber mix between two glasses, adding either club soda or ginger ale in a 1:1 ratio. Add 5 frozen blueberries to each glass. Garnish with a sprig of fresh fennel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
A salad that's shrimply the best
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Olive you, olives.
A better basket.