If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's too orange to resist. —HCR
Makes 1 pint
- 2 cups carrot juice (preferably fresh and unpasteurized)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kirsch
- Combine all the ingredients except the kirsch in a medium pot.
- Heat and stir the juices and sugar on the stove until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the kirsch.
- Chill thoroughly and strain.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.