If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When a friend told me she and her husband were drinking Turmeric-Ginger Tea during cold season, I asked how they made it, and she came with a recipe in hand, without another reminder! I made it and was deeply pleased with it. But now it's summer, the temperature's reading in the 80's, and I wanted something cold when I came in from gardening. So here's the summer version, thirst quenching and energizing. I've left it at the purist stage, but the original directions included sugar and milk, if you prefer. - susan g
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 40 ounces seltzer (made with pure unflavored water)
- Put turmeric, ginger and 2 cups water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Take off the stove and let it cool to room temperature. Strain the liquid into a measuring cup.
- For each glass, put in a few ice cubes, 3 ounces (or 1/4) of the strained tea, and 10 ounces of seltzer.
- If you're ready for hot tea, follow Step 1 and strain into mugs. Makes 2 - 3. Wonderful for digestion after a meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe