Author Notes: I recently discovered Barramundi fillets on Fresh Direct and wanted to try this fish. I also love the pickled radishes present in Korean cuisine and Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches...so I combined the two! - StudioChefs
Pan-Fried Barramundi Fillet
- 8 ounces Barramundi fillet
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil, such as canola
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a non-stick frying pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat, heat the oil.
- Pat dry the fillet and cut in half length-wise. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish for battering, pour the beaten egg. In another shallow dish for battering, mix together the flour, cumin and turmeric.
- Dip the fillets first into the beaten egg and then dredge with the flour mixture.
- Pan-fry the fillets, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Sandwich Condiments and Preparation
- 1 15" baguette
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar, miso paste, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Mix in cucumber slices and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic and mayonnaise.
- Cut the baguette into two and slice open.
- Spread garlic mayo onto the baguettes and add in the pickled cucumbers.
- Add one fillet to each sandwich, along with cilantro and a splash of lime juice.