If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently discovered Barramundi fillets on Fresh Direct and wanted to try this fish. I also love the pickled radishes present in Korean cuisine and Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches...so I combined the two! - StudioChefs
Pan-Fried Barramundi Fillet
- 8 ounces Barramundi fillet
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil, such as canola
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a non-stick frying pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat, heat the oil.
- Pat dry the fillet and cut in half length-wise. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish for battering, pour the beaten egg. In another shallow dish for battering, mix together the flour, cumin and turmeric.
- Dip the fillets first into the beaten egg and then dredge with the flour mixture.
- Pan-fry the fillets, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Sandwich Condiments and Preparation
- 1 15" baguette
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar, miso paste, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Mix in cucumber slices and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic and mayonnaise.
- Cut the baguette into two and slice open.
- Spread garlic mayo onto the baguettes and add in the pickled cucumbers.
- Add one fillet to each sandwich, along with cilantro and a splash of lime juice.