If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These have got to be the most enjoyable things I’ve made in a while. So simple, but soooo fun, and they totally put me in a summer mood.
I couldn’t resist trying my own concoction to produce a ‘gourmet’ ice pop, when I’ve been seeing them all over the internet these days.
Are they really that yummy? That fun to make?
Yup, they are.
Now my mind is spinning with all of the combination of flavors (and booze) that I can squeeze into a dainty little frozen treat!
hey’re perfect for warm weather and as a dessert to outside dinners when you don’t want a big heavy dessert. And who doesn’t like a little Bourbon??
- Bite This
Makes 15-20 ice pops
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain, vanilla or strawberry) regular or low-fat
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries mash or pureed
- 1/2-1 cups (depending on your taste) Bourbon or Whiskey
- 1/4 cup agave or simple syrup
- 15-20 small Dixie Cups
- 15-20 wooden craft sticks
- In a bowl combine strawberries and 1/2 cup Bourbon, add the agave and rest of Bourbon in slowly and taste to preference. Whip the whipping cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped cream and vanilla extract. Fold in the strawberries.
- Snip the top edge of Dixie cup with scissors for easy peeling. Pour mixture into Dixie cups. Freeze for two hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a wooden stick upright. Continue to freeze until mixture is completely frozen into an ice pop, about 5-6 hours. Peel off Dixie cups. Serve.
- If you want to serve a bunch at the same time, pop a metal serving plate or cake stand into the freezer for at least an hour. Remove from freezer and cover with a layer of ice, and place ice pops on the ice to slow the melting process. This works well for backyard parties (looks pretty too).
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.